Monday, June 23, 2014

'Walking Man of Murphys' to hit 6000 mile mark at July 4th parade

Hi everyone, first of all I want to thank all the people of the Mother Lode and all the people from around this great country who have supported me in my walking for Operation Mend. I started this journey back in Sept. 22 of 2008 for Operation Mend and I am amazed at the support I have received. Once again thank you for all your support. Can you believe this, here is one old Marine Vietnam Veteran walking for a cause to help our men and women of today serving and supporting this great country, and I have received checks from as far away the East Coast in support of Operation Mend. So I want to let everyone know that I was asked to walk in the 4th of July parade in Arnold which will be on Saturday July 5th because of my walking for Operation Mend and on that day while walking in the parade I will walk my 6000 mile. That will give me 1000 miles a year. I really never thought I would walk this far and I would not have if it wasn't for all people who have supported me. I can't stop now. Boots on the ground for our troops coming back from the war we are now in for these young men and women are the future of this great country. If anyone wants to see how great Operation Mend is and what they do with the donations they receive please go to Operation Mend .com. When you do you will see why I am so serious about their cause and how they help our troops who come back from the war.
God Bless America                    Ric            USMC      64 -68