Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Volunteers needed for our Youth!



I would like assistance in asking community members to volunteer to help with the planning to organize a Kids Camp this summer for Copperopolis Youth.  Copperopolis Parks and Recreation will sponsor this event with the support of Copper Cove Home Owners Association.  The Association has allowed us to host this event over the past 7 years at Black Creek Park.

My name is Tim Reed and I have been actively involved as Camp Director, while volunteering with  Copperopolis Parks and Recreation for 9 years.  Due to my work obligations, I need to pass the torch to a new Director.


The Camp has allowed our youth to experience many fun activities during the week.  The activities have included group games, arts/crafts, hiking, archery, nature guest speakers, water games, and water slides.  

These camp activities and fundraisers for camp have been planned and run by Junior High and High School students with a core team of adult volunteers.  That's where you come in.
Call me now to make this camp a success for our youth campers between the ages 6-12. Youth 13 to 17 years of age may serve as youth counselors. If interested call now!  Counselors will be responsible for attending bi-monthly meetings and fundraisers for camp.

I will assist in the planning.  Please remember,
 "Many hands make light work"!  

Call 209-482-5534 or email me at treed@sjcoe.net 
and/or come to  the next meeting  on March 12th at 6:30 p.m. at the  Copper Library.