Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thank You Copperopolis from Stacey Nolan and Charity Maness

On Saturday night, 6-18-11, both Stacy and I were the 'surprise' bartenders at Micki & Larry's Sports Pub. The money the we were making on tips was being raised to help forward the research for a cure of Leukemia and Lymphoma. and will be donated to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Each of us had mardi gras strands of beads around our necks and happily surrendered a strand at a time for a $5.00 donation. Soon, thanks to Larry and a microphone, it was made public that they we would do a dance behind the bar for a $10.00 donation. It wasn't long before we were dancing and tending bar.
We want to thank Micki & Larry for this wonderful opportunity and a big thank you to all the patrons who so willingly contributed to our cause.
We had an amazingly great time, though I must say bar tending is not as easy as those bar tenders make it look.

Thank you Copper, your generosity never ceases to amaze us.
Sincerely,
Charity Maness and Stacey Nolan

The following is an open letter from Stacey explaining why we chose to support the efforts of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Hello Friends and Family....
          As some of you know in 2009 I did the Nike Woman's Marathon in San Francisco. This year I have decided to do it again, as well as the Disneyland Half Marathon. This year is very meaningful to me. For those that don't know, my Uncle Sonny who was a father figure to me lost his life to Large B Cell Lymphoma. From the time he was diagnosed to his death was 6 weeks.  I am running in his memory and am dedicating both marathons to him. He was one of those men that was a go getter, a man on a mission, and this is my mission for him. I am raising  funds for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) as a participant in their Team In Training program and I'm asking you to help by making a donation to my fundraising campaign. Between both marathons my goal is to raise $5,000 dollars.  No donation is too small, it all adds up.

       Please use the link in this email to donate online quickly and securely plus learn more about my progress.  You will receive a confirmation of your donation by email and I will be notified as soon as you make your donation.
  
  
   Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. Nearly 958,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers.  I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.
  
   On behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, thank you very much for your support.  I greatly appreciate your generosity.
  
   Thank you,
  
   Stacey Nolan

No comments:

Post a Comment