Thursday, March 24, 2011

Welcome new advertiser Dr. Matthew Stammerjohan, Angels Camp Chiropractor

Dr. Matthew Stammerjohan's journey ...

I had no idea what I was getting into when I went to Chiropractic college!!
My path into Chiropractic began when my uncle, Dr. Douglas Mc Donald, suggested I check out Chiropractic when I was considering medical school. I didn't know what Chiropractic was about, And I certainly had no clue about medicine either. Besides a few tetanus shots, a lot of stitches as a kid, and every vaccine shot the Marine corps could think of, I really had no experience with medicine.
'Uncle Doug' was preparing for Chiropractic college at Palmer about the same time and he knew how I was raised and generations of family values that trusted in the body's innate healing abilities and not to be in a rush to "medicate" every symptom. He knew I would 'fit' into Chiropractic just fine. So with some understanding and a lot of faith I jumped in.
After completing some undergraduate requirements to add to my previous college credits I enrolled at Palmer College of Chiropractic- West in Santa Clara California. With my uncle just a few classes ahead I was bombarded with all the Anatomy, physiology, pathology, diagnostic, X-ray and much more to prepare for endless national and state board exams.The most challenging and real 'fun' began as an intern in clinic and learning to deal with real patients. That was where all the hard work paid off... What a confidence builder! I was helping people in need, and they trusted me with their health.
Like I said, "I had no idea what I was getting into". It took some time in private practice to learn that I was not in control of patients health and not entirely responsible for their health choices. I learned that people make health decisions everyday by their choices in diet, exercise, and preventive care of all kinds, I can only educate,guide, and make recommendations, every person is ultimately responsible for their HEALTH. I found that I really enjoy my role as a health 'coach' of sorts, and I love the people that seek my help and knowledge. In our practice we treat everyone like family and give our best advice, not accepting credit for every success, nor accepting full responsibility for all failures. I try my very best for everyone and in most cases it works well for patients. It's great to see people benefit from care and health advice, and I get to see it everyday! I'm glad I found a profession that I get to enjoy.
To round out a great career choice I found balance in the rest of my life when I married Liz in 2006. Then came my daughter Stella in 2007, she is the eye opener! I waited a long time to have a family but I'm enjoying every minute. It's great having Stella 'help' me in the garden. Yes you may get some advice on vegetable gardening in our office since I spend a lot of time trying to grow great and healthy things to eat. Liz and I love the outdoors and especially water sports.
Eating right and exercise have always been important to Liz and I. Our exercise routine has changed with Stella, and I had a tough pregnancy, putting on a few pounds too but we are back on track and enjoy individual and family exercise times.
Enough about me! How can we help you with today's safe and natural chiropractic care? Give our Angels Camp office a call so we can help you take your first step towards better health.

Dr. Matthew Stammerjohan with his family.
Dr. Stammerjohn, with wife Liz and daughter Stella.

For more information visit http://www.angelscampchiro.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment