Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Horse Janitor- The City Girl’s Guide to the Country ~ By, Tori


Now, not growing up in the country, I have a lot to learn about how things really work when it comes to horses.

I board my horse, and I was asked if I wanted to work a few hours a month to credit toward the monthly fees I pay for my horse’s care. I jumped at the chance, firstly, because who doesn’t like to get a discount? And secondly, never having been in a barn before, I thought it would be great fun, and I’d learn things at a faster pace in a “hands on” setting. Boy, was I right about the “hands on” part!

So, in order to educate anyone who may not already know, I’ve put together a little guide on the finer art of cleaning up after horses, which can also be called, “How Did  My Shoes and My Hands Get Covered in the Same Muck?” Let’s begin:

1. Wear appropriate clothing and shoes. Most likely, you’ll think your favorite jeans and shirt are perfect for the first time. After that, you’ll learn that the horses don’t care what you’re wearing, and you’ll just snag your favorite top on a fence anyway.

READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment